Makes 2 drinks
Bay syrup is one of my favorite flavorings — it has hints of spice, citrus, balsam and a whiff of vanilla — quite pleasant in this version of the piña colada. I make this for my kids without the rum.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup light rum, such as Mount Gay Special Reserve
- ¼ cup cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- ¼ cup bay syrup
- 2 generous cups crushed ice
- Pineapple wedges for garnish
- Combine pineapple juice, rum, cream of coconut and bay syrup in the blender. Blend to combine ingredients.
- Add crushed ice, blend until smooth and pour into frosted balloon or tall cocktail glasses. Serve with straws and a pineapple wedge, if desired.
Susan Belsinger is a frequent contributor who loves to sip herbal cocktails in her Maryland home.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Summer Cocktails.