12 servings, one 8-ounce package cream cheese
• 2 beaten eggs
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
• 1/4 cup (total) chopped fresh herbs: tarragon, basil, dill, rosemary, marjoram, parsley
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
• 1/4 cup rye or whole wheat cracker crumbs
• Fresh fruit, edible flowers, herb leaves for garnish
In a food blender or processor, beat the cheese and eggs together until smooth. Add sour cream and mustard, then fold in the herbs, garlic, and pepper. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the bottom of a well-greased 2- to 21/2 -cup mold or small casserole. Fill with the cheese mixture and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the center is firm. Cool and unmold onto a serving dish garnished with fresh fruit, edible blossoms, and herb leaves. Serve with whole-grain crackers.
--Maggie Keeler, Charles Town, West Virginia
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.