The recipes that follow are adapted from Olive Dunn’s, and they remind me of my magical day in her fragrance garden.
Makes about 18 muffins
The rose petal jam that both flavors and decorates these muffins is made from the reddest, most fragrant rose petals in the garden.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rose petal jam, plus a little more for garnish
- Whipped cream or white frosting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat the milk and corn syrup in a saucepan; do not boil. Stir in the baking soda. Allow to cool. Add the egg. With a light hand, mix in the wheat bran, flour, and baking powder. Add the rose petal jam.
2. Spoon into muffin tins that have been greased or sprayed with a cooking spray.
3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack.