Makes 8 to 10 servings
This summer salad recipe comes from the organizers of the Celebrate Lavender Festival, which happens at the peak of harvest every year. It features a tangy lavender dressing so versatile you will want to make extra to use for dipping and dusting all manner of raw and cooked vegetables.
• 5 tablespoons lemon juice
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender
• 8 cups red and green oak leaf lettuce or other mixed salad greens, washed and dried
• 4 slices red onion
• 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
• 1 large peach or nectarine cut into slices
• 1 to 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. In a large salad bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Add the greens, onion, pepper, and fruit, toss with the dressing, and top with the feta cheese.
Adapted with permission from Purple Haze Lavender.
Click here for the original article, 8 Lovely Lavender Recipes .