This calendula herbal flush will help keep pets' ears free of discharge and reduce irritation. Use it once or twice daily. You may cut this recipe in half for smaller animals.
• 1 cup warm distilled or filtered water
• 1 teaspoon calendula tincture
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Combine the water, calendula and salt in a glass.
2. With an ear syringe or dropper, gently and quickly squeeze some of the liquid into your pet’s ear, holding the syringe at the entrance to the ear canal, not inside it. Avoid making squirting sounds, which might scare your pet.
3. After instilling some of the liquid into the ear, gently rub it, then stand back and let your pet shake its head.
4. Repeat the process with the other ear. Your pet may even look forward to this treatment.
Click here for the original article, Herbal Remedies for Pets.