This toner helps restore acidity to the skin, keeping it toned, healthy and resistant to infection. All skin types benefit from using vinegar. It helps control blackheads in oily skin and cures flakiness in very dry skin. The fresh mint leaves a cooling sensation on your skin.
• 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried)
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup distilled water
1. Mix together all ingredients, then pour into a clean container and let sit for 3 days.
2. Strain or filter out all solids and pour into a clean bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
3. To use: Apply to clean skin with a cotton pad.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Holt Paperbacks, 2002). For more recipes and ideas or to contact Janice, visit her website at www.janicecox.com .
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Herbal Vinegar for Skin and Hair .