Lavender, rosemary, peppermint and basil make a refreshing and energizing aromatherapy bath. Because peppermint and basil can cause skin irritation, you should dilute the essential oils in whole milk, vodka or witch hazel extract before adding them to the bath. Read the main article Uplifting and Relaxing Baths.
• 5 drops lavender essential oil
• 2 drops rosemary essential oil
• 2 drops peppermint essential oil
• 1 drop basil essential oil
• 1 tablespoon whole milk, vodka or witch hazel extract
Mix ingredients together and add to the bath after the tub has filled. Agitate the water vigorously with your hand to disperse the oils before entering the tub.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).