Makes 1 ounce
This cool, light gel is perfect for soothing and moisturizing tired eyes. Use it in the morning under makeup or at the end of the day for a quick pick-me-up. It contains fresh cucumber juice, aloe vera gel and witch hazel, all of which soothe and tighten pores.
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
• 1 teaspoon fresh cucumber juice, strained
• ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel
1. Mix aloe, cucumber juice and cornstarch. Heat gently in microwave or on stovetop, but do not boil: about 1 minute on high in the microwave.
2. Remove from heat and mix in witch hazel. Stir well and allow to cool completely.
3. You should have a clear, jellylike cream. Spoon into a small, clean jar. Dab a small amount into the skin under your eyes, being careful not to rub or pull the delicate skin.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002). For more recipes and ideas, visit her website at www.JaniceCox.com.Click here for more eye-care recipes from the original article, Body & Soul: Your Eye-Care Rescue Kit.