Makes 64 ounces — enough for 1 footbath
Garden boots are notorious for causing calluses and rough spots on your feet. To help soothe tired feet and remove rough skin spots, it is best to soak your feet in a lukewarm bath of baking soda and vinegar. This recipe also uses some favorite foot soothing herbs such as lavender and thyme, both of which are naturally antiseptic and comforting.
- 2 quarts warm water
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup herbal vinegar or plain white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers and leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Fill a large plastic pan or sink with warm water. Stir in the baking soda, vinegar and fresh herbs. The water will fizz and bubble when the soda and vinegar combine.
- To use: Soak your feet for 15 to 20 minutes. Pat dry and massage them with a rich, natural oil or foot cream.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Pamper Your Peds .