Our feet have 250,000 sweat glands and can produce as much as 4 ounces of perspiration in a single day. Dusting your soles once or twice a day with a deodorizing powder will help to keep them dry and healthy. Calendula, or pot marigold, contains antibacterial properties, perfect for use in this soothing, deodorizing foot powder.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon finely ground, dried calendula petals
- 1 to 2 drops essential oil of geranium
- Place all the ingredients in a dry jar or resealable plastic bag and shake well to mix.
- Pour the powder into a clean, dry container.
- Sprinkle the powder on clean, dry feet and gently massage into the skin, especially between toes.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Henry Holt, 1999).
Click here for the original article, Pamper Your Peds .