Chamomile, calendula and lavender have a history of softening, soothing, protecting, and healing skin. Use them in this homemade sunscreen recipe. They are safe, gentle, effective and easy to use. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
• 1/8 cup lanolin
• 1/4 cup almond oil
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
• 1/2 cup chamomile tea
• 1/4 cup dried calendula petals
• 10 to 15 drops lavender essential oil
1. In the top of a double boiler, or in a small saucepan over very low heat, melt the lanolin and almond oil together. Beat in the coconut oil with a wire whisk, then add the aloe vera gel and chamomile infusion, beating until the mixture is cool and creamy.
2. Stir in the calendula petals and the lavender oil.
3. Store the cream in clean, airtight jars in a cool, dark pantry or refrigerator for as long as six months.
Click here for the original article, Under the Sun.