Before sitting down to a large meal, you might consider taking a few sips of bitter tea. The following recipe offers the power of three proven digestive herbs.
- 1 teaspoon dried blessed thistle
- ¼ teaspoon dried gentian root
- A small pinch of wormwood leaves
- Pour a cup of boiling water over the herbs and steep, covered, for 15 minutes. Sweeten to taste with honey or sugar.
- Sip a teaspoon at a time, holding the liquid in your mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. You may alternatively add a teaspoon of the tea to a glass of tonic water or club soda flavored with a squeeze of lime.
Steven Foster is an author, photographer and consultant specializing in medicinal plants.
Click here for the original article, Herbs for Health: Bitter Herbs for Appetite and Indigestion.