• 5 cups grated castile soap
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1 teaspoon borax
• 6 cups hot peppermint tea
• 1 teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
1. Put grated soap into a 3-quart stainless steel saucepan and add hot mint tea. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Add baking soda, borax and eucalyptus oil.
2. Store in a labeled plastic jug or squirt bottle. Shake before using.
Sandy Maine, founder of SunFeather Handcrafted Herbal Soap Company, is the author of three books on soap-making and lives with her husband and four children on a spotlessly clean farm in the Adirondack Mountains.
Click here for the main article, Cleaning with Herbs .