Makes about ½ cup
- 2 ounces isopropyl alcohol
- ½ teaspoon essential oil of sandalwood
- 1 teaspoon essential oil of tangerine
- ½ teaspoon essential oil of Peru balsam
- 1/8 teaspoon essential oil of spruce
- 1/8 teaspoon essential oil of lavender, if desired
- 2 ounces filtered or distilled water
- Pour the isopropyl alcohol into a spray bottle, and add the oils, using as much lavender oil as suits you. Add the water and shake to mix.
- Before using, first test the spray on a small section of a drawer before using—alcohol can dissolve a shellac finish. If the finish is unharmed, spray the empty drawer and allow it to dry before replacing the clothes.
Louise Gruenberg gardens as much as possible and cleans house as little as possible in Oak Park, Illinois. She writes and teaches about herbs.
Click here for more recipes from the original article, Spring Cleaning.