Makes 1/2 cup
I make a variety of convenient sprays by combining essential oils with alcohol and water. I like to keep several on hand, including orange, lavender, and spruce as well as the combination given below.
- 4 drops essential oil of white thyme
- 6 drops essential oil of tea tree
- 8 drops essential oil of clove
- 2 teaspoons 190 proof alcohol
- Filtered or distilled water
- In a glass measuring cup, stir the oils into the alcohol. If the oils do not dissolve in the alcohol completely, add another teaspoon of alcohol. Then add water to the ½-cup line. Pour the solution into a glass bottle with a spray nozzle.
- To use, spray into the air, avoiding people’s faces.
Louise Gruenberg gardens as much as possible and cleans house as little as possible in Oak Park, Illinois. She writes and teaches about herbs.
Click here for more recipes from the original article, Spring Cleaning.