This is a classic detox tea for improving liver health and vitality. Take the tea for about three weeks, two to four times a year. The ingredients are given in percentages so you can make up as much or as little tea as desired.
- 20 percent Oregon grape root (Mahonia aquifolium), to remove pathogenic heat
- 20 percent boldo (Peumus boldus), to harmonize liver function and promote bile flow
- 20 percent orange peel, for its anti-inflammatory properties; also improves taste
- 15 percent dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale), to remove heat and promote smooth liver flow
- 15 percent burdock root (Arctium lappa), to promote vital energy and harmonize the liver
- 10 percent licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), for its antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects; also improves taste
- Simmer the herbs for 30 minutes and let the brew steep for another 30 minutes.
- Strain and drink 1 warm, strong cup twice daily, before meals. It’s safe to make enough for three days and store in the refrigerator until used.
Christopher Hobbs’s case studies are gleaned from his 30 years of studying and practicing herbalism. Hobbs, a fourth-generation botanist and herbalist, is the creator of the correspondence course Foundations of Herbalism.
Click here for the original article, Case Studies: Herbal Hepatitis Treatment.