FILLS ONE 1.4-OUNCE JAR
This salt is great on fajitas, beans, rice, and many other Southwestern foods. You can package it in an unusual salt shaker; put a cotton ball or two in the top so it won’t spill before it’s in use.
• 1 dried chipotle pepper, stem and most seeds removed, or 1 tablespoon ground chipotle
• 2 teaspoons whole cumin seed
• 2 teaspoons whole coriander seed
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• Scant 1/2 cup table salt
1. Powder the chipotle, cumin, and coriander in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder. 2. Put all the spices into the spice jar and fill with salt. 3. Pour entire contents into a clean bowl. 4. Mix well, and pour back into the spice jar.
Read the original article: Homemade Herbal Gift Ideas.
Debbie Whittaker, a frequent contributor to The Herb Companion, demonstrates her healthy cooking style as the “Herb Gourmet” in Denver, Colorado.