All about fresh, flavorful food
You can check out the Lemon Verbena Lady at her blog http://lemonverbenalady.blogspot.com.
The Herbal Husband and I managed to make another great turkey for Thanksgiving this year. Hope you tried our herbed stuffed turkey recipe from my Herbal Thanksgiving Tale post. We have finally gotten a little more seasonable weatherwise. I did find some flowers in the garden, mainly calendulas and herbs such as, feverfew, pineapple sage, peppermint, tricolor sage and a nasturtium leaf.
Even as we have just finished the gardening season, I think it is so important to give yourself some herbal aromatherapy when you can.
We had a nice dinner with herbed stuffed turkey breast, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and white asparagus from Peru, rolls and pecan pie for dessert! The Herbal Husband always enjoys having a connection to Peru even when the holiday is an American one. This is a special day for the two of us because it was 26 years ago that we met on Thanksgiving.
Now for my favorite part, the leftovers! Here is a recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini that The Herbal Husband loves.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 6 tablespoons flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 2 cups light cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
• 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
• 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 tablespoon sherry
• Buttered bread crumbs, optional
1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add sliced mushrooms and brown slightly. Blend in flour. Add chicken stock. Cook, stirring until thickened and smooth.
2. Gradually stir in cream. Season to taste. Add turkey, cooked spaghetti, grated cheese and sherry. Place in large buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs if desired. Bake at 350 degree in the oven for 20 minutes.
I have been making this recipe for a very long time and it never fails to please family and friends. It is very easy to make and adds another layer of flavor to that wonderful turkey. Hope you like it as well!