All about fresh, flavorful food
After making a batch of pumpkin pie last week, I had some leftover puree. Warm pumpkin pancakes sounded good for my entire family, so I came up with this recipe.
These are tasty and decadent for a frosty fall morning. Delish!
Homemade pancakes are a perfect for a frosty fall morning.
Photo by Caterina83/Courtesy Flickr
Stuffed Pumpkin Pancakes
• 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
• 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
• 1 cup milk
• 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
• 1 beaten egg
• 1 tablespoon melted butter
• 3/4 cup whole-grain flour
• 1/2 cup white flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Mix together cream cheese and mashed banana in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix together the following wet ingredients: milk, puree, egg and butter.
3. In a third bowl, mix together the following dry ingredients: flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg.
4. Fold the wet ingredients (bowl 2) into the dry ingredients (bowl 3).
5. Heat griddle to 325 degrees and grease with 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Drop pancake-size dollops onto hot griddle. Put a spoonful of banana and cream cheese mixture on each and top with enough pancake batter to cover. Cook for 3 minutes per side.
7. Slide golden-brown cakes onto a plate and slather with butter & maple syrup. Autumn on a plate!