All about fresh, flavorful food
Katrina Hall is a cook, foodblogger, photographer and passionate herb lover. You can find her blog at: http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com.
Photo by Katrina Hall/www.shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com
• 3 cups water or light chicken or vegetable stock
• 3/4 cup peeled, diced sweet potato
• 4 trimmed scallions, sliced
• 2 cups torn kale leaves ( no stems)
• 2 handfuls mixed greens ( I used spinach, arugula, and radicchio from a box)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
• 1 minced garlic clove
• Pinch of nutmeg
1. Simmer the potato in the water or stock until just tender.
2. Add the greens, kale,scallions, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for ten minutes.
3. Take pot off the heat and add the nutmeg and mint. Stir.
4. Using a regular blender, or immersion blender, puree soup.
5. Taste carefully, adding more pepper or salt as needed.
6. Garnish with a chive blossom.
7. Serve with warm sourdough bread and cheese.