Katrina Hall is a cook, foodblogger, photographer and passionate herb lover. You can find her blog at: http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com.
This marinade not only tenderizes meats and chicken, but it also has a wonderful zesty taste that is easy to get hooked on! I've used tiny small oranges, clementines and tangerines, but you can use regular oranges cut into small pieces.
Photo by Katrina Hall/www.shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com
• 1 cup whole citrus, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
• 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• Handful of arugula, sliced into ribbons
• Few slices of red onions, thinly sliced, halved and separated
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• Pepper, freshly cracked
• 1/2 cup canola or olive oil
• 1/2 cup herb or rice vinegar vinegar
1. Mix marinade ingredients together.
2. Pour into a heavy plastic zip-lock bag.
3. Add 4 bone-in chicken breasts, several thighs or a steak in the bag of marinade.
4. Zip and place bag in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Remove and grill or cook as desired.
6. You can also cook down the used marinade for a sauce—put it on a slow simmer until reduced to a few tablespoons.