You can create this nurturing, appealing ginger tea with warming herbs in a flash. MAKES 1 TO 2 SERVINGS OF ELDERBERRY-GINGER TEA.
• 2 cups water
• 2 tea bags (black or green) OR 2 tablespoons loose tea
• 2 tablespoons dried elderberries
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger OR 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1. In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat and steep for at least 5 minutes.
2. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer. Serve this soothing tea warm in mugs or teacups.
Letitia L. Star is a freelance writer and recipe developer who frequently contributes to The Herb Companion.
Click here for the main article, Warm Up with Winter Drinks.