A surprisingly delicious combination of many synergistic bone-building ingredients, this strawberry parfait recipe provides boron from strawberries, magnesium from walnuts, and calcium from dried figs and soy yogurt, which also contains magnesium. Soy yogurt is found in the yogurt section of health-food stores, but if you’d like a substitute, silken tofu mixed with a bit of jam also makes a good combination.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) or more nonfat or reduced-fat yogurt
- 1 pint organic strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 dried figs, medium dice
- Layer equal portions of each ingredient into four dessert bowls and serve.
Debbie Whittaker, the Herb Gourmet, is a culinary herbalist and instructor.
Click here for the original article, Prevent Bone Loss with Calcium Rich Foods.