If you are cooking most of your vegetables to mitigate the effects of goitrogens, fresh greens and vegetables are particularly important to add to your diet for vitamin C.
• 6 cups mixed baby leaf lettuce
• 1/2 cup radicchio or chicory
• 1 cup cilantro, including stems, chopped into 2-inch lengths
Sesame Tahini Dressing
cup plain lowfat yogurt
• 4 teaspoons tahini
• 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/8 teaspoon powdered cayenne pepper
• 3/4 cup grated carrot
1. Wash the greens and tear them into bite-sized pieces. Spin or pat them dry with clean kitchen towels. Put all of the greens into a salad bowl.
2.In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients except the carrots, then stir in the carrots. Spoon the dressing evenly over the greens.
Debbie Whittaker, the Herb Gourmet, lives in Denver, Colorado.
Click here for the original article, Best Foods for Hypothyroidism.