The combination of juicy, sweet carrots and refreshing mint is superb, yet subtle enough to pair well with many types of dishes.
• 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 4-inch sticks
• 1 cup water
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
• Salt to taste
1. Simmer carrots in water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
2. Add butter and brown sugar and stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3. Add mint and salt; toss carrots lightly and serve.
Contributing editor Jim Long lives and gardens in the Ozark Mountains.
Click here for the original article, Many Mints: Recipes and Growing Tips for Mint .