Serves 6 to 8
A lavender-inspired herb marinade flavors this special-occasion dish.
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or thyme, minced, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, ready to grill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
1. Rub the lavender, crushed garlic, rosemary, and marjoram or thyme into the lamb. Refrigerate, covered, for 24 to 48 hours.
2. Wipe the marinade from the lamb and season it well with salt and pepper. Brush it with olive oil and place on a heated grill. Grill to an internal temperature of 145°–150°F for medium rare. Remove the lamb from the heat and allow it to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Slice and serve on a warmed platter.
Click here for the original article, Kitchen Table.
Recipe courtesy Hannelore Fehlberg, Westford, Massachusetts.