A plate of pasta with vegetables and herbs from the garden is perfect summer fare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 5–6 ounces spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
1. Coat a large saucepan with the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and when it starts to color, lower the heat. Add the tomato, green pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and salt; stir and sauté until the sauce is a uniform red color. Add the pasta and stir. Add the parsley and cook briefly, then mix in the black pepper, basil, and fennel. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
Courtesy: Colette Holden, Kodiak, Alaska
Click here for the original article, Kitchen Table: Recipes for Chicken with Goat Cheese, Wild Greens Quiche, Garden Pasta and Lemon Balm Cheesecake.