Packed with flavor and color, this tart tea is a delight to serve. Makes about four 8-ounce servings.
• 2 cups hot water
• 2 teaspoons dried and seeded rose hips
• 10 to 12 dried hibiscus flowers
• 1 tablespoon fresh pineapple sage or apple mint leaves
• 4 teaspoons fresh raspberry leaves OR 2 teaspoons dried leaves
• 2 cups cold water and ice
• Apple juice for sweetening, optional
• Apple slices, cut horizontally for garnish
1. Steep hips, flowers and leaves in hot water (80 to 90 degrees) for about 3 minutes.
2. Allow to cool slightly, strain and add cold water and ice.
3. Pour tea over additional ice. Float apple slices in each glass as garnish.
5 Herbal Iced Tea Recipes