This is not your everyday pizza, but it’s certainly a pizza worth having every day as it’s super easy to make and super delicious to eat. MAKES ONE 10-INCH PIZZA
• 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
• 2 ounces softened cream cheese
• 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• One (10-inch) prepared pizza dough or crust
• 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1 to 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 1/4 cup chopped cashews
• 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh lemon verbena
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Blend together ricotta, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract. Spread cheese mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
2. In microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; toss to mix well. To make sauce in microwave, heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave’s wattage) until sauce thickens. To heat on stove, bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Let cool slightly and spread thickened blueberry sauce evenly on pizza.
3. Arrange sliced peaches on pizza in a spiral design. Top with cashews; sprinkle lemon verbena on top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
Kris Wetherbee is a contributing editor who wrangles her herb garden in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Prepare Herbal Pizza Combinations.