The delicate rose flavoring of this ice cream comes from several sources. Chopped pink petals add color. Candied rose petals would make a delicious garnish.
- 2 tablespoons chopped rose-scented geranium leaves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed rose petals, white bases removed
- 1 batch French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 to 3 teaspoons rose water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pink rose petals, white bases removed
1. Stir the geranium leaves and the 1 1/2 cups of rose petals into the hot, prepared ice cream base. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (the longer it is refrigerated, the stronger the flavor will be). Strain the mixture and add rose water to taste, if desired. Stir in the chopped rose petals. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Click here for the original article, Frozen Treats.