Chopped spearmint leaves swirl through every scoop of this creamy, rich chocolate ice cream. Feel free to experiment with other mint varieties.
- 1 batch French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup hard-packed fresh spearmint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh spearmint leaves
1. While heating the ice cream base, melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot but not simmering water, stirring occasionally.
2. Off of the heat, pour about 1 cup of the prepared hot ice cream base into the melted chocolate and whisk until well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture back into the remaining vanilla base and whisk again. Stir in the hard-packed mint leaves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Strain the mixture and add the chopped mint leaves. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Click here for the original article, Frozen Treats.