Serves 6 to 8
This torta pesto recipe will help you recall those long, warm summer days.
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes in oil, drained
• 1/2 cup basil pesto
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add the sour cream, butter, and garlic and beat again.
2. In a clear oval dish about 4 1/2 by 8 inches, layer the tomatoes, one-half the cheese mixture, the pesto and finally the remaining cheese mixture. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24 hours. Let it warm slightly before serving. Serve with plain crackers.
— Ellen Scannell, Ashland, Oregon