Makes 4 cups
Shoo away the cares of the day with this calming tea.
• 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
• 1 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers
• 1 teaspoon green tea leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon dried yarrow flowers
• 4 cups boiling water
1. Place the herbs in a warmed teapot. Pour in the boiling water, cover, and steep for 3 minutes.
2. Strain and serve, sweetened with a little honey if desired.
Adapted with permission from Lavender: Nature’s Way to Relaxation and Health by Philippa Waring. London: Souvenir Press, 1997.
Click here for the main article, Cooking with Lavender .