• 2 English cucumbers
• 1 cup Yogurt Mint Dressing (recipe follows)
1. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and slice each in half lengthwise. Cut the halves into 2-inch pieces. Place the cut side of each piece down on a cutting surface and slice each piece lengthwise as thin as possible. Place ribbons in a bowl.
2. Toss with Yogurt Mint Dressing
Yogurt Mint Dressing
Makes 1 cup
• 1 1/2 cups unflavored yogurt, drained
• 3 tablespoons sake or sweet white wine
• 3 tablespoons fresh peppermint, chopped
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, white wine, peppermint and sugar.
Pat Crocker cooks bistro-style food with her favorite herbs every week. Her latest book,(Robert Rose, 2009), is now available.
Click here to view the original article, Budget Friendly Meals.