The recipes are designed to be easy, fast, and flexible and to leave room for the creativity of the barbecue cook.
Barbecued Cod with Walnut-Herb Pesto
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup plus 11/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cod fillets, about 4 ounces each
- Place all the ingredients except the cod and 11/2 tablespoons of the oil in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate if made ahead.
- Heat the coals and brush the grill with oil. Rub the fish on both sides with the reserved olive oil and place on the hot grill. Grill for 3 minutes and turn. Spread the cooked side of each fillet with a spoonful of the walnut-herb sauce and grill 3 minutes longer, or until the flesh is opaque all the way through. Serve, sauce side up.