Makes 1 dozen
These muffins are great for teas, lunches and brunches. Make them in the fall when the pineapple sage is blooming.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup calendula ray flowers
- 1/8 cup pineapple sage flowers
- Grated orange or lemon zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Stir in the flowers and zest.
- Combine the milk, egg, butter, and rose water, and add to the dry ingredients. Mix only until all the ingredients are moist.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for 25 minutes.
—Cecilia Taylor, Newark, Delaware