Serve this warming stir-fry over brown rice. You can add chicken and/or thinly sliced beef after you add the onion and before adding the garlic, if you like.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Olive oil, to cover bottom of large skillet
- Several cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger (or ¼ teaspoon freshly grated)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Sauté onion in hot oil. Add garlic, ginger, carrots and broccoli; stir for a minute or so, then add the squashes and stir.
- Add bell pepper and mushroom last, and cook only slightly (I like the pepper still crunchy).
- Beat the egg in a separate dish and pour it over ingredients in skillet, stirring quickly. Then add soy sauce.
K.C. Compton is editor in chief of The Herb Companion and loves experimenting with garlic in any recipe she can.
Click here for the original article, Dancing in the Kitchen with Garlic .