Makes 8 servings
A hint of lavender turns a classic thirst quencher into an unforgettably refreshing summer beverage.
- 6 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lavender blossoms
- 2 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh lavender sprigs
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add sugar, reduce heat and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, stir in lavender blossoms, cover and allow to steep for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Strain lavender mixture into a serving pitcher and stir in lemon juice. Cool and serve in individual glasses filled with crushed ice, and garnish with lavender sprigs.
Click here for the original article, Cooking with Lavender .