This old Hilltop Herb Farm favorite is perfect for family dinners.
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 4 teaspoons Sweet Spice Blend (recipe follows)
• 5 cups finely chopped unpeeled tart apples, such as Granny Smith
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F if using a glass dish). Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. In an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and spice blend in a medium bowl, then fold into the butter mixture at slow speed.
4. Add the apples, nuts, vanilla, and hot water, mixing well. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Click here for the original article, 5 Recipes with Peppers.